Monday, May 30, 2016

Low Carb Induction phase

  I have decided to start a low carb diet, I have done this in the past and it always works well for me.  I know it shouldn't be a diet, but a lifestyle, but its very hard to stick to a very restrictive low carb diet, life just happens.  I'm going to try and hopefully be successful and document my journey along the way.
  I'm going to follow the Atkins diet approach.  For 2 weeks I'm going to aim for under 20 grams of carbs per day.  This phase is to switch the body from burning carbohydrates to burning mostly fat for energy.  So essentially this turns your body into a fat burning machine.  If all the rules are followed correctly its possible to lose 6-10 pounds, with some people even reporting that they have lost 15 pounds in the first two weeks. During this phase one is to eat mostly protein and vegetables low in carbohydrates.  There is a lot of information on acceptable foods on the Atkins site.
  Today was just day two of the diet and I actually gained 2 pounds since yesterday but I know weight can fluctuate so I'm sure that was not an accurate reading, I hope.

frying egg and two bacon rashers, shallow DOF

No comments:

Post a Comment